Targa Truck "Haters" Video
The first truck in Targa Newfoundland
Mark Bovey is a car guy to the bone. Not only does his 6-Speed 600 HP LSX 1971 GMC, the “Targa Truck,” have a child seat inside — up until 3 weeks ago it was his family’s only vehicle!
This is the truck he built with his father at 14 years old, and has been working on it ever since. Targa Newfoundland is a seven day, 2,200km (1,367 mile) road rally across public roads on the island of Newfoundland. When Mark heard there had never been a Pickup Truck entered, he decided to be the first.
Without a major sponsor in place, he started a kickstarter and raised $10,000. We decided to help him out, and think more companies should sponsor him - he is a great brand ambassador.
The Targa Truck already has more things lined up, like the Motorama Car Show and Season 2 of Megaspeed on Discovery Channel. Now we hear a new sponsor may allow the Targa Truck to attack some events in USA next year!
Mark is a car guy deserving of support, give him a shout, contact Mark at: email@example.com.
Latest Targa Truck Media Coverage:
- Autos.ca: Final Drive: 1971 GMC Longbox – The Targa Truck
- Hooniverse: Thunder on the Rock: 1971 GMC longbox takes on the Targa Newfoundland
- Road & Track: Racing 1,100 miles in a 43-year-old GMC pickup
Targa Truck Media Coverage:
- The Globe and Mail: TARGA JOURNAL: DAY ONE
- The Globe and Mail: TARGA JOURNAL: LEG ONE
- The Globe and Mail: TARGA JOURNAL: LEG TWO
- The Globe and Mail: TARGA JOURNAL: LEG THREE
- The Globe and Mail: TARGA JOURNAL: LEG FOUR
- The Globe and Mail: TARGA JOURNAL: LEG FIVE
- Track Enthusiast: The Targa Truck
- The Packet: "Standing out from the field"
- The Telegram: Davenport, Benson repeat as Targa Newfoundland Open champions
- Inside Track: Targa Newfoundland: Mechanical issues impact Leg Two
- Instagramia: Targa Truck
- Instausers: PoweredByBolt
- Targa Truck Build on Pro-Touring.com
The only Targa Race in North America: www.targanewfoundland.com
- Targa Newfoundland Twitter: @TargaNL
- Targa Newfoundland Official Guide
- Toronto Star: Rough Targa Newfoundland start for some
Russ Baxter's Last Ride
When Mark's Kickstarter looked like it wasn’t going to make it, we kicked in some more as an “Angel Crew” member to put it over the top. Since we were already having P.I. put on the truck, we decided to have Russ Baxter's name painted on it - (a longtime co-worker who passed away last year) - and give him one last ride. As Russ always said: "Keep a smile on."