Shelby Cobra 427 Die Cast Engine
Shelby’s 427 Cobra was powered by the "side oiler" Ford 427 engine (7.0 L) rated at 425 bhp (317 kW), which provided a top speed of 164 mph (262 km/h) in the standard model and 485 bhp (362 kW) with a top speed of 185 mph (298 km/h) in the competition model. Carroll Shelby wanted it to be a "Corvette-Beater" and at nearly 500 lb. (227 kg) less than the Chevrolet Corvette, the lightweight car did just that.
The 427 Shelby engine was a modified Ford 427 and was available in both street and racing versions. Our replica represents the racing variant.
Our 1/6 size replica includes the following features:
- Operating starter motor, flywheel gear and pulleys
- Massive finned aluminum Shelby valve covers
- Plated dual air cleaners
- Racing exhaust headers
- Highly detailed carburetors
- Detailed fuel system includes fuel log, fuel lines, pump & filter
- Full ignition wiring
- Intake manifold breather hose
- Authenticity confirmed by the Shelby Engineering Group