MSD 85555 Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor Black
This is our most popular performance distributor! Must be used with an MSD 6, 7 or 8-series ignition. Now in Black!
The housing is machined from a billet of 6061-T6 aluminum on a state-of-the-art CNC machine producing exact tolerances. For high rpm stability, a .500” steel shaft is supported by a sealed ball bearing and a long sintered bushing. This shaft also receives a QPQ coating for friction reduction and resistance to corrosion. A precision machined reluctor is attached to the shaft which triggers the magnetic pick-up mounted in the housing. This high output magnetic pick-up is the most accurate way to trigger your ignition. Plus, with no moving parts to wear or adjust, the pick-up is maintenance-free! Just above the pick-up is MSD’s adjustable mechanical advance assembly.
Different springs and stop bushings are supplied so you can tune an advance curve to match your application. Must be used with an MSD 6, 7 or 8-series ignition.
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Will not accept a vacuum advance canister
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing and extra long sintered bushing
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- No CARB Exemption Order Number
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Give us a call toll free: 1-877-471-6700 or visit one of our Speed Shop locations.