So-Cal Step-Boxed '32 Frame
SO-CAL Speed Shop Step Boxed 1932 Frame
These frames use American Stamping rails for strength and authenticity. All frames are numbered and tagged for added value. Includes the following:
The strength of an unground fillet weld on the boxing plates.
Recessed boxing plates which increase clearance for:
- Brake lines
- Fuel lines
- Power cables
- Exhaust systems
- Steering components
- A universal trans mount that cleverly accommodates TH350, TH400, 700R4 transmissions as well as 4 or 5-speed manuals.
- A "swept C" in the rear which minimizes the stress of the cut and spreads the load over a greater area.
- Front cross member angled at 7 degrees for correct caster.
- Brake proportioning valve mounting pad
- In-line fuel filter mounting pad
- Rear cross member
- Steering box mount
- Front panhard bracket
- Front brake line tabs
- Master cylinder bracket
- Rear radius rod tabs
- Brake pedal mount
- Hiboy front cross member 1" forward
- F1-style Front shock upper mounting tubes (threaded)
- Rear shock upper mounting tubes
Other styles available, see store for details.
Note: Due to all the variations between stock and reproduction bodies SO-CAL Step-Boxed '32 frames come without body mounting holes. However, strategically placed under the top rail are welded-in bosses that can be drilled and tapped for body mounting once the position of the body has been finalized in relation to the firewall and the radiator/grille shell. For those who want something other than a small-block Chevy motor, the SO-CAL Step-Boxed frame is now available without engine or trans mounts. It is also available special order with small block Ford or big block Chevy mounts. Call for more information.
Special Order - call for ordering, lead time, and shipping charges.